Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Knit-less

The last couple of weeks have been rough. I have been so busy and I have not taken the time to relax. I miss my knitting time. Knitting is good for my soul, it makes me a better person. I am a better mother, wife, and friend to myself when I knit. During the week I usually have too much going on to knit, but weekends are for knitting. During the week I homeschool my children, raise and nurture them, cook mostly from scratch (I do on weekends too), run errands, take the children to various lessons, and go to school full-time myself (thankfully all of my classes are online at this point). Weekends are for knitting, and baking, and Making, and just slowing down.

The last couple of weekends there has been no knitting or slowing down, and I am really feeling it. I have been knit-less and I am not happy about it. I do not think it would be wise for me to wait until this weekend to knit again. I am going to go bake some chocolate chip cookies, make myself a cup of tea, and knit... my homework will still be here tomorrow.

No comments: