Friday, July 06, 2007

Because I want to

I have been seeing things posted about the Mystery Stole 3 all over the internet. I really wanted to join but it says the project is not recommended for inexperienced lace knitters. That's me. No lace experience. I had decided I just was going to have to pass this year. I could learn to knit lace and then join MS4 next year.

I read The Yarn Harlot's blog last night and fell. Hard.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is my guage swatch. It was loads of fun to knit. I do not think this yarn is laceweight though. My sister got it from a friend of hers and then gave it to me. There is just a little tag on it that says 100% wool. I used size 5 needles and think I need to go up one or two more. I am trying to decide if I will go ahead and use this yarn or head to my LYS this afternoon.

Here is the doll stuffed and felted:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: