Wednesday, April 11, 2007

You know, when I told John I was going to knit my SIL's baby those overall he said they were ugly. He said I shouldn't do it. I was actually very offended. I thought they were adorable! I was excited to knit them. They would be the best gift ever! He then said. "Well, I think if you do them one color like you were planning instead of stripey like the picture they will be cute. And, I couldn't really see the picture when you showed me anyways............." He was trying to make me feel better. I was almost finished with them. I had about an inch left to knit. I was loving the cute little overalls and I KNEW that my SIL would too. I picked them up to finish and it hit me. THESE ARE UGLY! HOW did this happen? You would think I would have had misgivings along the way. Maybe they wouldn't be as spetacular as I though they would be. But, no. I had no such thoughts. Only John's warning that I thought was not relevent as he is a non-knitter anyway. SOB!

I couldn't give them to my SIL. I just couldn't. I knit somethimg else instead and I am very happy about it. I will post a picture tomorrow.

I never really post about homeschooling but things are going great. We are having lots of fun learning and I am so grateful to be able to have this opportunity with my children. I will try to be better about posting what we do each day, or at least on the days I blog.

I am reading a powerful book right now called "In My Hands: Memories of a Holocaust Rescuer" by Irene Gut Opdyke. I really recommend this book.

No comments: