Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Seeking Simplicity

Simplicity.

I really feel that our family needs to move forward in this direction. There are so many facets of our life we can simplify that I am having a hard time deciding where to start.

Along with simplifying I feel the call to be more green. I feel it all goes together, at least for us. We already cloth diaper and I knit all of the diaper covers we use(longies, shorts, soakers).

I have read of compacting and I am considering that. I only have a loose understanding of it but I think you make a Compact for yourself and family. Basically you are trying to reduce consumption and waste. You refrain from buying things new if you can avoid it. You focus on supporting local business. Anyways, I am butchering this I know. I will post more when I actually know what I am talking about.

De-cluttering is another thing we really need to do. We live in a small basement apartment. We are a family of 6 living in 900sqf. I like living in a little home. We are overrun by clutter though and our home will be so much more enjoyable when it is clutter free!

I have another sponge started for sourdough bread. My last attempt was pretty good but I am still working on baking the perfect bread.

No comments: